Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Seeds

Worst photo ever but I have a good story.  I didn't want to make a trip to the garden store just to take a picture of seeds but in the end I had good reason to go there.
Yesterday afternoon a neighbour's dog chased our cat up our driveway, around the house, through the poison ivy and mountain laurel, and down the slippery hill that people can't access. I didn't think anything of it until I called him at the end of the day to come back in the house.  He didn't come.  I tried hour after hour calling his name to no avail.  I searched through the wooded area with a flash light (have you seen Blair Witch Project?).  I didn't sleep a wink.  Finally, at daybreak, I called his name and he answered.  I ventured through the ivy and down the slippery hill trying to find him and finally there he was ...25 feet up a tree.  In the end our neighbour (the very one with the dog) came over at 6.30am with a 24ft ladder. She willingly walked right through the poison ivy, and helped me prop up a very long ladder while Seb bravely climbed up.  I swear she actually CHEERED when Nelson started heading towards Seb. Somehow we accomplished this insane rescue mission (Seb has a few scratch marks for proof).
So in the end I made it to the garden store to get a gift for the neighbor.  I'm really tired.

1 comment:

  1. Worst picture ever? How can you forget my Pipes? I really like this picture and funny enough, the first thing that entered my mind when I read Seeds was seed packets.
    Glad Nelson is home safe and sound.
    k

    ReplyDelete