Friday, April 27, 2012

FROM MY PAST


When I was 9 we moved maybe a mile from my old house but being only 9, I hadn't really explored that end of where we moved to. After a while, I found a neighbor's house that had a lot of property. At the side furthest away from us was their farmhouse, I think in the middle was a big barn that I don't remember them using very much and on the other side, the side closest to us, was farmland. I found an old road/path back there and no one ever stopped me from going there. I don't think they ever knew I was there. Way in the back were lilacs. All different colors. I remember going there and cutting them to bring home. I know I spent time in there, inside what I called The Lilac Forest. At the time I thought it was my big secret place that no one else knew about.
Now that I am grown I have a lilac bush in the back and every year when those blossoms come out something twigs my memory - the smell maybe? Some days I wish I could spend some time back there. I wonder if the property hasn't been bought up and used for something different. I hope not. I hope its still there, blooming its beautiful bounty of flowers.
It was this or a pair of Dr. Scholl's Exercise Sandals I took a picture of in the shoe store today! They're b-a-a-a-ck.


No comments:

Post a Comment