Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Large

On the left: A small 4oz glass of orange juice
On the right: a large 16oz glass of orange juice.

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that kids aged 1-6 limit their juice consumption to 4-6oz per day.  PER DAY!!  They also recommend that kids aged 7-18 limit their juice consumption to 8-12oz PER DAY.   The Mayor of New York recently proposed a ban on all sugary drinks larger than 16oz.  He is being ridiculed by many but I see no problem with this at all.  I saw an article in the New York Times about the whole issue and they quoted a couple of people who were upset by this propsed ban.  This was my favourite quotation (from a 22 year old mother of two) "If I eat a cheeseburger and fries, i'm going to get dehydrated and that little cup (16oz) is not enough."

I don't even know where to start....

No comments:

Post a Comment